In the summer of 2012 S2Cycle completed a long-time dream of cycling across America. You can start with Week 1 and browse through all 9 weeks of our adventure, or just read the first entry of each week to get a sense of the trip. Below the map and slideshow on this page you can get an overview of the tour by reading the FAQ.
Frequently Asked Questions
We hope this section will answer your questions and guide you to the relevant sections of our site. If you have questions not answered here, please leave a comment and we’ll do our best to respond. Click on the plus symbol to see each response.
- Despite CA’s admonishment against bringing chairs, we most missed the ability to sit around and visit. We would bring some kind of small folding seat that fit inside our luggage so we could sit more comfortably.
- We had good intentions to stretch and did a little in the beginning but it fell away. I would bring a yoga mat and clothes and really DO yoga every day. That may be my biggest regret of the summer.
- Pack a microfiber hand towel for wiping down the bike when wet.
- Not buy a battery backup for electronics as we never used it.
- Probably only needed one pair of cycling shoes instead of two each.