I decided a year ago to set a date to honor Mom while she’s still able to appreciate the gathering of family. She’s been thriving at the Grand Islander, very close to my brother and his family, where we moved her in February, 2013. At 88+ she has all her faculties which is amazing. I created a memory book to give to Mom and decided it was best to do so before the parties started so she could focus on it.
While not all the Levy cousins were able to travel to Rhode Island for the 2-day event we did have a lovely gathering including:
- Iris Levy Maher from Amsterdam, Netherlands and her sister-in-law Barbara Levy from Maine and daughter Jeanette from NYC.
- Karen Levy Kahn & husband Tom from NYC
- Ken Levy & wife Paulette from Warwick, RI
- Debbie Hoffman Darkow with husband Kevin and daughter Jenna from Tiverton, RI
- And of course all of my brother Ric’s family, wife Lisa and girls Sarah (Tiverton), Shaina (Chicago) and Heather (NYC)
Saturday we did a reception at Mom’s place with slides, tributes, cake and ice cream and lots of visiting. Some of us went out for Thai afterward. Sunday we’d planned to do our cookout in Bristol but the weather was so on and off wet that at the last minute Sarah and Kurt offered to host at their lovely home overlooking the water. Everyone attended and we continued with the stories, photo sharing and lots of eating. Most folks had to go back to work or back home but Monday morning a few of us walked the Cliff Walk and went out to lunch. It was a fabulous weekend.
Enjoy browsing the photos.
Thanks for organizing the party and posting these pictures! We had a great time!